Your help is needed, please.
This Community Virtual Event was held on July 28th at 7:00pm via zoom, to collaborate together regarding the Census. As you can imagine, this task at hand has become more difficult but still needs to be accomplished — and the deadline is coming in October (Now the end of September). Certain areas in the Phoenix Metro are not coming together yet, and this is why the Arizona Interfait Movement has been asked to help.
RECORDED EVENT to view and share: LINK to CLICK
Areas needing help:
Geographic Areas where we need help getting events and opportunities to reach people include:
- South Phoenix: From 35th Ave to 40th St, from Broadway to Southern
- West Phoenix: From 35th to 99th Ave, Buckeye Rd to Indian School
- South Glendale: from 43rd to 75th, from Northern to Camelback
- I-17 Corridor: from Buckeye to Peoria between 19th and 35th Ave
- Avondale (Cashion Neighborhood)
- Buckeye – Downtown Buckeye, Tartesso and outlying areas
- El Mirage
Ways you can help:
- Use social media to post about the census
- Get businesses to let Census staff set up and share with people as they come out of the store
- Get houses of worship to help us spread the word
- Do virtual Facebook Live events with Census staff where people in those areas can find out about how to get help
- Send me phone numbers of people who need help getting their Census done. I will have a Census staff call them back.
- Host a caravan through low-responding neighborhoods with Census staff
Thanks so much for sharing this as you can and reaching out to Jannah if you have questions.
Gratefully, Larry Fultz, Executive Director, sharing for Jannah Scott, Senior Partnership Specialist
Dallas Regional Census Center/Field Division/Denver Region
U.S. Census Bureau